Grounds & Landscape Worker
April 7, 2022
Salary Range: ($32,550 – $48,823)
The Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority is accepting applications for the position of Grounds and Landscape Worker. Job duties include: Assist in maintaining appearance of entire airport grounds by mowing, edging, weed-eating, blowing or vacuuming, installing plants and mulch, pruning trees and shrubs, repairing irrigation, applying herbicide and fertilizers, surface painting, litter pick up, small and large event setup, maintaining signage, and light preventive maintenance on equipment. Applicant should have knowledge of:
- Methods of landscaping
- Use and care of motorized equipment and hand/power tools used in grounds/lawn maintenance work.
- Irrigation maintenance and repairs.
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to grounds/landscape and maintenance work.
- Cultivation, weed control, seeding, and planting of trees, shrubs, annuals, and perennials.
- Proper use of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides.
- Methods and procedures of lawn, airfield, and grounds maintenance
Applicant must have valid driver’s license.
Excellent benefits include medical family insurance coverage, Health Reimbursement Account, Disability, annual and sick leave, and retirement. Salary based on experience. $1,000 signing bonus on first day of employment and an additional $1,000 after completion of probationary period.
Submit applications at http://flyhuntsville.applicantpro.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace.