June 28, 2022
Salary Range: ($83,906 – $125,860)
The Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority is accepting applications for the position of Project Manager. The work involves day-to-day administration of the design and construction of assigned projects and other related project management duties. Reports directly to the Chief Design & Construction Officer (CDCO).
- Assist CDCO in developing and executing the Airport capital improvement plan including, but not limited to, project definition, budgeting, scheduling, and reporting.
- Administration of project design including, but not limited to, scope development,consultant solicitation, evaluation, recommendation, contracting, scheduling, and development of bid and construction documents.
- Administration of project construction including, but not limited to, bidding, contracting, contractor compliance with construction documents, inspections, scheduling, budget monitoring, closeout, and proper file maintenance.
- Prepare and submit monthly construction progress reports.
- Coordinate internal and external construction inspectors on assigned Airport projects.
- Coordinate with GIS staff on all requested mapping needs for the Airport while ensuring accuracy of the data to be presented.
- Provide construction-related technical insight and advice to other Airport departments.
- Assist CDCO in preparing and submitting grant applications for funding assistance andensure compliance with grant requirements on grant-funded projects.
- Develop comprehensive bid documents and obtain contractor proposals on projects that don’t involve design consultants.
- Communicates and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders including, as necessary, creation of presentations and conducting meetings.
- Assists CDCO in budgeting for the annual operating budget.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Science or related field and zero to three years’ experience in construction/engineering management and associated inspection work required.
Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits: Family Health, Health Reimbursement Account, Retirement, Disability, Educational Assistance, etc. $1,000 signing bonus on first day of employment and an additional $1,000 after completion of probationary period. Applications can be submitted at http://flyhuntsville.applicantpro.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace